This cream contour recipe is super easy and customizable. It can be kept in a tin/mini jar or it can be turned into a contour stick!
The base for this cream contour is made up of beeswax, jojoba oil, and vitamin e oil. Calcium carbonate and Corn starch are added to keep this contour matte, if you have an oily skin type feel free to add more calcium carbonate.
The pigments used int this recipe are brown iron oxide and red iron oxide. This particular color blend went perfectly well with my skin, but be sure to add the pigments in slowly so you can experiment and make sure the color is just the way you like it.
Makes 10 grams of product
12 drops vitamin e oil
6 grams jojoba oil
3 grams unrefined/raw beeswax
1/4 heaping tsp calcium carbonate (add more if not completely matte)
1/4 tsp cornstarch/arrowroot starch (use mini spoons like these)
My Color Blend: (Add the pigments slowly to create your perfect color. Do not use a lot, if any red oxide if you are a cooler tone, and of course add more red oxide if you are a warmer tone.
1/6 tsp brown oxide
1/32 tsp red oxide
- Melt the beeswax, jojoba oil, and vitamin e oil together over a water bath/ double boiler over low to medium heat.
- After the mixture is fully melted, add the micas and then mix in thoroughly with a silicone spatula (like this one) and break up the clumps of pigment by smearing them against the wall of your container until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 10 gram tin/container or two lip balm tubes (I used one 5 gram plastic jar and one lip balm tube).
- Let the cream contour solidify and then it is ready to use! It can be applied with fingers, directly from the tube, or with a brush.
- Enjoy your Customized Cream Contour!