This (almost magical) highlighter, works on all skin types! It contains no opacifying ingredients so it is never chalky on darker skin.
The cream base for this highlighter is made up of beeswax, jojoba oil, and vitamin e oil.
The shimmery ingredients are gold and silver micas. This recipe can be customized, you can change the amount of mica you want and even change the color of your mica! If you only have silver or gold mica feel free to just use one.
12 drops vitamin e oil
6 grams jojoba oil
3 grams unrefined/raw beeswax
1/2 tsp silver mica
1/2 tsp gold mica
- Melt the beeswax, jojoba oil, and vitamin e oil together over a water bath/ double boiler over low to medium heat.
- After the mixture is fully melted, add the micas and then mix in thoroughly with a silicone spatula (like this one) and break up the clumps of pigment by smearing them against the wall of your container until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 10 gram tin or container (I used an empty Altoid peppermint tin).
- Let the highlighter solidify and then it is ready to use! It can be applied with fingers or a brush.
- Enjoy your Luminous Gleam Highlighter!