This cream highlighter has a luxurious texture, sheers out/builds up perfectly, and smells amazing. The base for this cream highlighter is made from beeswax, coconut oil, and jojoba oil. Titanium dioxide, gold, and silver micas provide the lovely color, while starch, kaolin clay, sericite mica are fillers and light dispersers. Magnesium stearate adds extra creaminess and adhesion.
This recipe is a bit different since we will be using the Unicorn Dust Highlighter as the pigment instead of a unique color blend. The format for this recipe is a bit different since it uses grams and also tablespoon measurements, but its not too complex, don’t worry :).
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
12 drops vitamin e oil
6 grams jojoba oil
3 grams unrefined/raw beeswax
- Melt the beeswax, jojoba oil, vitamin e oil and coconut oil together over a water bath/ double boiler over low to medium heat.
- After the mixture is fully melted, add in the Unicorn Dust Highlighter (5 grams removed) and then mix in thoroughly with a silicone spatula (like this one) and break up the clumps of pigment by smearing them against the wall of your container until there are barely any streaks appearing.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 ounce tin or container (I used an empty Trader Joe’s peppermint tin).
- Let the highlighter solidify and then it is ready to use! It can be applied with fingers or a brush.
- Enjoy your Cream Coconut Highlighter!